Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday activities

Ready for the Concert

Matthew & Erika
     Last night was the Paul McCartney concert at Safeco field.  The reviews are coming in and I received the first hand account from Matthew & Erika when they returned home.  Sir Paul  is not only supremely talented, he puts on a fantastic show giving his all in a 3 hour performance.   I was one of those who swooned watching the 1964 Ed Sullivan show  introduction to America of  the Fab Four.   They sang one of  their hits that year "I Saw Her Standing There"  with the lyrics of the first line being 'Well she was just seventeen'.   I was seventeen at the time so I was probably imagining they were singing to me.   He was definitely a heartthrob for me.  And he is still pretty cute at age 71.
Who knew at that time that they would develop their talent into a legend and  that this one Beatle can still draw a passionate audience 49 years later.
   
Bianca and I held down the fort.   She sorted through an extensive DVD collection to find a movie in which we could console ourselves for not going to the concert.  She settled on 'Puss in Boots'  which I actually had on my mental list to watch someday.  It is one of those clever animated movies that has something for everyone.  There is just enough innuendo that is over the child's head but very funny for the adult with love interests and sexy flamenco and tango type dancing by two hot cats.   Sword fighting, crashing and falling & leaping to satisfy those who want adventure.   And just the total, utter cuteness of the animated characters and settings that makes adults and children ooh and aah throughout. 

With Antonio Banderas as el gato's voice.  Purr-fect


  There is just something about a pair of nice boots that brings out the best

Pink cowgirl boots for 5th Birthday -


                                                          

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Paul was definitely my favorite Beatle. I remember walking along the quay in Cannes with the loudspeakers blaring "All My Lovin'". I am transported back every time I hear it.

And the boots are spectacular!