Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stormy sea





In my last blog  I boasted of victory over illness.  Then while I thought all was well - a surprise attack by a new wintertime virus.   I've been in battle with it ever since.   I left my defensive position on the couch yesterday to replenish my supplies.  On my drive to the store I came to these turbulent waters along Alki.  The scene seemed a metaphor for my state of mind- besieged by a storm of sorts, battered, tossed about but hanging in there

                                
           PS:   Wow was I gloomy.  I've returned to this post feeling all better again.  Now the scene appears pretty, invigorating and energizing.  Feeling good certainly changes  one's  perspective.                                                                                                                                         

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Good Heavens! That does look turbulent. It was quite calm in my neighborhood. I too ventured forth for supplies and had a nice sunny walk! Funny how Seattle has all these tiny little micro weather systems.