Monday, April 21, 2014

Take me away Tea

Rhubarb tea made compliments of Martha Stewart's recipe treasure trove.   When I go to the Farmer's Market I want to buy every beautiful and fresh offering of spring's bounty that I see.  And often I do just that.  So I had rhubarb but no time or inclination to make the fancy dessert with it which was my  original plan.  Also all the heavy recipes didn't appeal.  So I made this simple and not very sugary tea.  One hour of simmering 4 stalks of rhubarb in 4 cups of water with a bit of sugar made this very pretty drink.  Some mint from the garden to top it off and mmmmh as lovely to drink as to see.  The day is actually cloudy and cool but this drink makes me feel I'm lounging on a sunny lanai in a tropical isle.  One can dream.

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Your tea is indeed very pretty. I recently saw some cooking website where they roasted the rhubarb with other vegetables. I thought it looked tasty, but didn't have rhubarb, and so didn't note where it was.