Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This is how the baking goes followup for Bianca

School was out yesterday so Bianca and I got to spend the whole day together.  I promised her a baking day.  We made a good start measuring and leveling dry ingredients.  Remember Bianca using the knife to level the flour and sparkly sugar?  Then smelling and aahing at the scents of lemon and vanilla?    Then the mixer which she did quite well considering the size of her and the size of the mixer in her hand.  We got very little batter otherwise than in the bowl.  Good job!   Then the dough was rolled into a log but my  hands were oh so sticky with too wet dough.  I gave her a dire prediction that the cookies might not come up to expectation because grandma probably overdid some ingredient in my excitement of having a baking helper with me.
The rolled dough was placed in the fridge for a few hours until ready for cutting up for cookies.  But we got busy playing!  Then out for lunch and shopping!  When we came back no time!  So this morning I finished the cookie preparation and here for you Bianca is the rest of the story

the cookie dough ready now
cutting into cookies

ready for the oven
done and looking good

I'll save you some

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Yummers! It sounds like a grand day. I remember the first time I made cookies with Rachael. I thought she would be thrilled to break in the eggs, but she thought it would be too icky. What a funny girl! Just not a cook.