Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do you want to be friends?

Making friends as children is such a straightforward process.   You see a cute and friendly looking person of your own size.  A tentative sharing of smiles and then a little 'hi'  starts the exchanging of names and a bit of shy conversation.   Maybe they are thinking   'you are small like me, we giggle at the same things, you look nice... 


Before long they were  holding hands.  I remember making friends like this when little.   A simple 'Do you want to be friends - Okay'.  

2 comments:

T. said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were that easy to make friends as adults. If we were just as open and accepting as we were when we were new to this world. Nice post and nice pics.

joannamauselina said...

They are sooooo cute! Reminds me of my little neighbor friend Gary when I was three or four. He was very nice, but once encouraged me to eat a spider. That was less nice.

PS. I don't remember if I actually ate the spider, but do remember thinking about it. I'm hoping I had more sense.