Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Magical Place


We returned to Hiawatha Park.  I've watched pretend play here before and it dawned on me that this area in the trees dotted with rocks is a setting that stirs the imagination  Little children enter this space  and make believe just seems to begin spontaneously.  You can almost feel this easily becomes a forest of fairies and elves.  A hazy, soft glow permeates
and even though there is playground equipment, sandboxes, kids running & jumping all around, it creates a special atmosphere of its own.   Now that Bianca is closing in on 3 years old (June 27)  she was part of a circle of little girls creating a little magic there. 

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

A lovely post - both pictures and commentary. I remember places like that from my youth. Rebecca always wants to get rid of the rampant periwinkle in our back yard, but it always transports me to one such nook in a field near my house, and I love it.