Sunday, August 8, 2010

The BLT






BASIL,LETTUCE AND TOMATO
Back when I was a meat eater (pre 1998) there was one food I could always rely on to make me feel good.  The bacon-lettuce and tomato sandwich. 
Most vegetarian converts on initially switching to the non-meat eating diet will think of one dish that they think they will really miss and mine was the BLT.  Somehow no matter how tired, hungry, stressed, I could eat one of those sandwiches and all was better.  Now of course the thought of eating bacon makes me squeamish.  But one always needs a comfort food.  Especially after a night of work that is especially difficult.  My fellow blogger and co-worker has a phrase that sums it up - Quelle Horreur!  I had one of those shifts of which I'll spare even myself from repeating the details.
I now have my new and improved comfort food with the new B in the BLT being the  delectable Puple Basil with Sungold Tomatoes and Red French Crisp Lettuce all fresh from the mornings Farmer's Market - aah. 

Now I'm ready for work again..

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

That was funny! I'm trying to think of the food I most missed as a vegetarian. Thanksgiving turkey is one thing, and salmon, but neither of them is comfort food. There, I head for tea and toast. Great pictures~ and a delicious looking sandwich.
I love the new blog look.