Saturday, February 6, 2010

Book Love

I have always loved books and reading was a favorite past time of my childhood.  My mother made me feel very grown up by telling me to just pick something up for her too while I was at the library because she would like whatever I brought home. So after my gradeschool day was over I would walk the 3 or 4 blocks from school to the Yakima library (I loved walking too) and spend a happy time perusing the shelves for intriguing titles. I don't remember the many books that were brought home but I remember my mother liked to read the Jack London books and we both read Laura Ingalls Wilder's.  Then came reading to Matthew and Mark - little boy's books about steamshovels, engines that could and such :) -   and now reading with Bianca.           Generations of reading - I must be getting older!  Somehow I missed reading Winnie the Pooh along the way.  I can't imagine how that happened.  I discovered Pooh by reading the Tao of Pooh as an adult.  Bianca loves the Pooh - and all bears are Pooh to her. 

2 comments:

joannamauselina said...

I missed Winnie the Pooh too. I first heard of it at Girl Scout camp, which was such a horrible experience that I didn't read it till years after that.

Bianca is getting cuter all the time. She looks like she is a real personality and knows her own mind, as they say.

Janet said...

Bianca is adorable.

I have just read through a few of your recent blogs - wonderful wonderful pictures etc. My daughter-in-law took her 7 1/2 year old and 5 1/2 year old to the Nutcracker also - what a wonderful experience.

On the subject of reading, let's exchange comments - I've recently done a blog entry about childhood reading experiences.

Janet