Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The best and the worst of my week

The best as always is watching little Bianca discover new things. This was the day of the ball. I found this ball at Alki when a new grandchild was just a gleam in my eye. About 2 summers ago while walking along Alki, I saw this cute ball drifting out to the sound at the edge of the beach. After looking this way and that and when I was sure that I wouldn't be snatching it from some little child I dashed across the beach and into the water and claimed it for my own. Yesterday, I brought it out for the first time to the delight of Bianca and her adoring grandmother.





















The Worst......... This less that well groomed sidewalk became my
walk of doom as I made way home from work last Wednesday night. In the daylight you can see a broken sidewalk up ahead. I took a nose dive there that left me feeling battered and bruised. A scraped nose that made me look like I had been the loser in a nasty fight. I have pictures but they are too gruesome for polite company! I'm definitely on the mend with apparently no broken parts. Part of the reason for this post is to prove to myself that I haven't just turned clumsy...


If you can't see much in this photo neither could I when I walked toe first into the uneven pavement. Tree limbs obscure the light precisely at the broken pavement.
Thanks to Matt who has been forwarding pictures and advocating for a quick response from the city. Customer service is #1 per Mr. Mayor's office. Here is their chance to come to the rescue!











1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Oh my gosh! That is awful! After a big storm a year or two ago, I almost fell into a big hole made by a falling tree. Fortunately a man was in the street looking at the damage and warned me. Aaaak! That is awful about your poor nose. The ball and baby are both very cute, however.